BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
Camp Fire Columbia’s Before & After School programs will open registration for the 2023/24 school year lottery at 12:30 pm Wednesday, May 10, 2023.
Registration for the 2023/24 school year will look a bit different than in years past.
Camp Fire has designed a registration process that addresses stress for families and increases a long-term community of belonging and keeping people in program until they are ready to exit on their own. Program staff are now year-round; therefore, teams are built and continue to grow. We will increase our capacities early to be able to add more students to program before the school year begins.
Currently registered families:
If you are currently enrolled in Camp Fire Before and After School Program and have not approved your rollover, please contact your district’s registrar team to do so.
McMinnville programs: [email protected]
Portland Public programs: [email protected]
West Linn/Wilsonville programs: [email protected]
Approval for rollovers will be accepted through Wednesday, May 5, 2023. See below for more information about registration rollover.
Currently wait listed families:
If you are currently on Camp Fire Before and After School Program wait list, you will keep your spot on the waitlist until you are offered a spot in program. Offers will be sent out throughout the summer in hopes that you can start in program at the beginning of the school year. You will not be required to pay another registration fee.
New families/not registered or wait listed:
Registration will open on Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 12:30 pm. Families who complete registration by Wednesday, May 31st at 11:59 pm will be added to our lottery and not directly into program. Again, registration for this lottery will close at 11:59 pm on Friday, May 31st. Camp Fire will hold a lottery placement for each location and begin making offers to families once we are able to organize through all of the incoming new registrations. All registrations coming in after July 31st will be added chronologically at the bottom of the waiting list and contacted as there is space available.
A $35 annual registration fee is due at the time of registration and siblings will be placed in program or wait on the waiting list together. When registering your child for the lottery, there will be a question that asks if they qualify for lottery prioritization. Children who meet one or more of the following criteria will be prioritized for placement in their program: BIPOC children or children whose primary family are BIPOC, children being raised in single guardian households, children in the foster care system, children with documented developmental needs, and children who are in an English language learner program. Prioritization will not guarantee placement in program.
Please visit our Before and After School homepage for links to Fall 2023 registration which will begin Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 12:30 PM PST.
Before & After School Programming
Looking for information about our specific school sites?
Camp Fire Columbia’s Before & After School programs are offered to children, 5-12 years old, who attend schools throughout the Portland Public Schools (PPS), West Linn/Wilsonville Schools (WLWV) districts, and McMinnville Public Schools (MPS). Each location tailors its schedule of activities to complement the needs and interests of the local community, the children’s school schedules, and the families’ need for high-quality care and enrichment during the hours before and after school.
- Builds strong and genuine relationships with children, families, and school staff. We offer children a sense of belonging in a safe, engaging, and educational environment.
- Provides daily after school homework time to give children an opportunity to work with staff and their peers to strengthen their academic skills.
- Programming is intentional and outcome-based, and developed with the needs and interests of youth in mind.
- Encourages children to develop and facilitate service-learning projects that help connect them to their communities.
- Offers diverse curriculum to inspire children to “Find their Spark”, teaching them to be curious, engaged, and learning.
- Develops children’s leadership skills through youth-led clubs, allowing them to practice leading their peers and writing their own curriculum.
SUPPORT FOR CAMP FIRE FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY:
- We are responsive to the communities we serve and make thoughtful and intentional adjustments to our programs as
- We are an Employment Related Day Care support (ERDC) approved provider and offer financial aid for low income families.
- We invest in outstanding staff who far surpass the state training standards. Training topics covered include Positive
Behavior Intervention & Supports (PBIS), growth mindset, cultural responsiveness and inclusion, STEAM (science,
technology, engineering, art, and math), group facilitation, curriculum development, healthy habits, and so much more!
Bring Camp Fire Columbia’s Before & After School programs to your school! Contact JON MYERS, Before & After School
Program Department Director.
Before & After School Assistant Director
Before & After School MSD Multi-Site Coordinator
Before & After School PPS Multi-Site Coordinator
Before & After School PPS
Before & After School PPS Registrar
Before & After School LOSD Registrar & WLWV Registrar
[email protected] OR [email protected]