BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
BAS for the 2022/23 school year is now on a waitlist.
Registering your child for their school’s AM and/or PM program will add them to their school’s wait list and not directly into program. After completing the registration students will be added chronologically at the bottom of their school’s waiting list and will be contacted as there is space available. Wait list times will vary from location to location. Some programs do have space and others may be on a longer wait list. For specific information about availability please use the contact emails below for your school’s district.
Before & After School Programming
Looking for information about our specific school sites?
Camp Fire Columbia’s Before & After School programs are offered to children, 5-12 years old, who attend schools throughout the Portland Public Schools (PPS), West Linn/Wilsonville Schools (WLWV) districts, Lake Oswego (LOSD) and McMinnville Public Schools (MPS). Each location tailors its schedule of activities to complement the needs and interests of the local community, the children’s school schedules, and the families’ need for high-quality care and enrichment during the hours before and after school.
- Builds strong and genuine relationships with children, families, and school staff. We offer children a sense of belonging in a safe, engaging, and educational environment.
- Provides daily after school homework time to give children an opportunity to work with staff and their peers to strengthen their academic skills.
- Programming is intentional and outcome-based, and developed with the needs and interests of youth in mind.
- Encourages children to develop and facilitate service-learning projects that help connect them to their communities.
- Offers diverse curriculum to inspire children to “Find their Spark”, teaching them to be curious, engaged, and learning.
- Develops children’s leadership skills through youth-led clubs, allowing them to practice leading their peers and writing their own curriculum.
SUPPORT FOR CAMP FIRE FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY:
- We are responsive to the communities we serve and make thoughtful and intentional adjustments to our programs as
- We are an Employment Related Day Care support (ERDC) approved provider and offer financial aid for low income families.
- We invest in outstanding staff who far surpass the state training standards. Training topics covered include Positive
Behavior Intervention & Supports (PBIS), growth mindset, cultural responsiveness and inclusion, STEAM (science,
technology, engineering, art, and math), group facilitation, curriculum development, healthy habits, and so much more!
Bring Camp Fire Columbia’s Before & After School programs to your school! Contact JON MYERS, Before & After School
Program Department Director.
Before & After School Department Director
Before & After School Assistant Director
Before & After School MSD Multi-Site Coordinator
Before & After School PPS Multi-Site Coordinator
Before & After School PPS
Before & After School PPS Registrar
Before & After School LOSD Registrar & WLWV Registrar
[email protected] OR [email protected]