Do you love Camp Namanu? Join Friends of Namanu today!
Be sure to ‘like’ our Friends of Namanu Facebook page to receive regular updates and learn about what’s happening.
Friends of Namanu works to keep the traditions of Camp Namanu alive through donations and direct service. This group is a part of Camp Fire Columbia.
Friends of Namanu was established in 1992, as The Camp Namanu Alumni Association. As we have grown over the years, the members decided that Namanu had a place in many people’s hearts, including some that were not specifically alumni. Changing the name of the organization was done in an effort to include all those that have spent time at Namanu that have a desire to be involved in supporting the camp.
What We Do
Friends of Namanu creates opportunities for individuals to be involved in the Namanu community in many active ways, like service weekend volunteer shifts and camp store staffing hours. The members also raise critical funding for the improvement and restoration of Camp Namanu and camp-related projects. Over the last five years, members have raised or contributed over $50,000, and provided countless volunteer hours for a variety of projects and programs.
- Hold Monthly Committee Meetings that help steer our work
- Provide supplies and yearly maintenance to the Weavery program at camp
- Financially support annual projects and CIT Scholarships
- Support three Volunteer Service Weekends at camp each year
- Host alum weekends each year at camp
- Help gather needed supplies for the summer camp program
- Create social gatherings for folks to gather and share a common love of Namanu
- And so much more!
What members receive:
- Newsletters on what is happening at camp including any upcoming activities
- Opportunities to volunteer and support Namanu programs
- Opportunities to connect with new and old friends
Contact [email protected] for more information about Friends of Namanu memberships.
Namanu Reunion presents The Gathering of Friends
Ready for an unforgettable trip down memory lane? Join your friends for camp activities, laughter, adventures and more. The 2023 reunion weekend will be from Thursday, September 7th to Sunday, September 10th. You’re welcome to come for the whole time or just the day. This event is open to anyone 18+. The cost is $250 and includes meals, lodging, and activities. Register today! Click HERE. Don’t have an Ultracamp Account yet? No problem, follow these steps to set one up: HERE. If you’d benefit from financial assistance for this event, please register and pay the $50 registration fee and then contact Deneb at [email protected]. What’s even more incredible? Your participation supports a great cause! The proceeds from our auctions go directly to Camp Namanu, helping us continue our mission and provide scholarships for those in need. So, while you’re having a blast, you’re also making a difference!