commitment to equity
Camp Fire Columbia believes that every child should have the opportunity to find and pursue their spark. It is Camp Fire’s intention to contribute to the achievement of all youth while narrowing the gaps between white students and students of color. Our goal is to address the racial predictability of youth achievement academically, socially, and economically. To achieve this goal, Camp Fire will examine how privilege, oppression, and history affect the practices of our organization, and apply that learning to our work to effect meaningful change.
We know that working toward racial equity will require reflection and persistence. Camp Fire Columbia is reviewing our programs and values, deepening relationships with partners who share our goals, and developing policies that will shape our growth and work as an organization.
As we continue to learn, we strive to:
- Prioritize racial equity in our curriculum, hiring, training, and partnerships.
- Engage staff and volunteers that are representative of our service community’s demographics.
- Collect and review information regarding outcomes for youth and employment practices to evaluate our work and adapt our programs and policies.
- Provide opportunities and support for every youth we serve to achieve their individual goals.r Service Weekends at camp each year
- Actively seek out expertise and input from families, youth, and the broader community about our programs and progress.
Camp Fire Columbia is not undertaking this work first, or alone. Achieving racial equity will require collective engagement and commitment. With the help of the many great organizations in our community striving for social change, Camp Fire is dedicated to helping all students light their fire within.
Latest News & Events
Camp Fire Columbia presents SPARK! (Virtual)
March 16th, 2023
Spark is Camp Fire Columbia’s signature gala featuring a casual vibe, fun activities, online and live auction, and opportunities to help Camp Fire Columbia achieve its Mission of building lasting,…
Friends of Namanu Homecoming Weekend
September 8th, 2022
Save the date! Friends of Namanu Homecoming Weekend Thursday, September 8, 2022 starting at 3 pm to Sunday, September 11 at 11 am There is a ton of fun to be had! Come enjoy a…
Friends of Namanu Chipotle Fundraiser
July 11th, 2022
Let’s show up for camp! 33% of event sales get donated. Monday, July 11th anytime from 4-8 PM.